A veterinary clinical pathologist is a veterinarian who studies diseases in animals, examines blood, tissue and fluid samples, and conducts laboratory tests that help to confirm or reveal a diagnosis of what may be wrong with your pet. With a timely, accurate diagnosis, the appropriate treatment can begin as soon as possible.
VCVREC has a state-of-the-art pathology lab staffed by our board-certifed clinical pathologist. As a result, we can provide on-site processing and staining of cytologies and blood smear reviews for instant diagnosis with same-day reporting on weekdays. In addition, referring veterinary clinics can use our service for emergency/STAT samples.
OUR CLINICAL PATHLOGY SERVICES WE OFFER AT VCVREC:
Our diagnostic clinical pathology services include:
- Cytopathology (tissue sample analysis) of fine-needle aspirates and biopsy impression smears
- Analysis of bone marrow aspirates
- Fluid analyses of body cavity effusions, cerebrospinal fluid, tracheal wash fluid, synovial fluid
- Chemistry Consultations
- Hematology/Blood smear reviews
- Exotic animal hematology/cytology